Gardaí have arrested a fourth man as part of their investigation into the killing of a 43-year-old father of seven while he was attending a funeral in Co Kerry last week.
The man, aged in his 30s, was arrested on Wednesday in connection with the death of Thomas Dooley and detained for questioning at Tralee Garda station under under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984.
The force said a local investigation team had been assisted by specialist officers from the Garda National Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
Earlier, a third man (40) arrested as part of the investigation into the killing of Mr Dooley, from Killarney, at Rathass Cemetery in Tralee last Wednesday was released without charge.
Mike Scott: ‘Ireland is recovering from a long trauma, and opening out in to a liberal future. I feel very at home’
A Minecraft Movie review: Jason Momoa and Jack Black have a ball in a proudly silly family adventure
Pulse review: Plot is far from a priority in this Greys Anatomy-inspired soapy distraction
The Irish Times view on Trump’s tariffs: a turning point in economic history
The Garda press office said a file would be prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions. The man, originally from Cork but now living in Tralee, was known to Mr Dooley, who suffered serious stab and slash woods in the attack.
Two men have already been charged with his murder, his brother Patrick Dooley (35), of Arbutus Grove, Killarney, and his cousin and brother-in-law Thomas Dooley (41), with an address at the Halting Site, Carrigrohane Road, Cork.
The remains of the deceased have been released to his family and he is due to be buried on Thursday morning following requiem mass in Tullamore, the hometown of his wife, Siobhán, who has been discharged from hospital after sustaining injuries in the assault in which her husband was killed.