A man (25) killed six people and injured one in a stabbing attack at a kindergarten in China’s Guangdong province on Monday, police said.
The suspect in the attack in Lianjiang county, who was from Lianjiang and had the surname Wu, was detained, police said.
Some media reported that both adults and children were among the victims.
The incident was the top-trending discussion on the Weibo, social media platform, with 130 million views earlier on Monday.
Marine Le Pen’s presidential ambition may be in ruins but court verdict does not end her influence
Leipzig stays true to Bach, 340 years on
‘No one will be left behind’: Ukraine struggles to return Mariupol defenders from Russia three years after port siege
‘The scene was like the end of the world’: Thailand reels from earthquake
Violent crime is rare in China due to strict gun laws and tight security, but there have been several incidents of stabbings at pre-schools over the past few years.
In August last year, three people were killed and six wounded in a stabbing at a kindergarten in Jiangxi province.
In 2021, a man killed two children and wounded 16 at a kindergarten in the southwestern region of Guangxi. – Reuters